Meet Our Guest: Rabbi Mark Wildes
Rabbi Mark Wildes is the founder and director of the nonprofit, Manhattan Jewish Experience. Before becoming a rabbi, Wildes received his JD from the Cardozo School of Law, as well as a Masters in International Affairs from Columbia University. Since founding MJE in 1998, Wildes has mentored thousands of Jewish millennials in NYC, helping them achieve career, personal and spiritual ambitions. Wildes has just written his first book, condensing 4,000 years of Jewish wisdom into a relatable take on how spirituality can guide us to lead happier and more fulfilling lives.
Wildes has made waves in broadcast including Fox News, PBS, HuffPost Live, Fatherly, Bustle and actively blogs on contemporary Judaism.
You can find out more about Wildes on www.markwildes.com.
About Beyond the Instant
‘Beyond the Instant’ — Rabbi Mark Wildes’ first book — demonstrates to young adults how to enrich their lives through spiritual teachings, guiding millennials away from the frenzied, social-media oriented society that’s warping core values. The book examines ten different areas of modern life – including friendship, family, dating, money, and career – to demonstrate how a return to spirituality can help people find happiness and long-term fulfillment.
- What is the significance of failure?
- How can people really make a difference in the world?
- What is the role of sex in a relationship?
- What should I look for in a partner?
- How do I achieve long-term happiness?
Wildes draws his wisdom from the Torah and traditional teachings, as well as contemporary stories from pop culture. The book is relatable and engaging, and instead of pushing beliefs and religion, it shows people how teachings can be practically implemented to live a better life.
Comedian Elon Gold said ‘Beyond the Instant’ is “like reading all of Malcolm Gladwell’s books, except this will not only better your life, it will actually nourish your soul. It’s not just self-help. It’s self-fulfillment.”
‘Beyond the Instant’ launches September 4 on Amazon and select bookstores. It is currently available for pre-sale on Amazon.
About the Manhattan Jewish Experience
Founded by Rabbi Mark Wildes in 1998, the Manhattan Jewish Experience is a warm and open community where millennial men and women can explore Jewish life and meet new people. As a nonprofit, MJE runs a wide range of inclusive, engaging and innovative programs for thousands of young Jewish professionals, including Shabbat dinners, holiday events and parties, ski trip, classes, beginner services, and trips to Israel.
Learn more about MJE at jewishexperience.org
- Pre-order Rabbi Wildes’s book, Beyond the Instant (affiliate link)
- Manhattan Jewish Experience
- Beyond the Instant Book Launch Party at MJE
- High Holy Days at MJE
Connect with Rabbi Wildes
Shout-Out to the Designers of Our New Podcast Cover
- Small + Sole – Go-t0 design services for small business and solo entrepreneurs looking to launch or re-launch their brand online with clean, simple, and beautiful design.
Musical Shout-Out for Our Intro & Outro Beats
- Nola Nigun by Joey Weisenberg and the Hadar Ensemble
NEW CLASSES Coming Soon with Rabbi Carrier
- Miller Introduction to Judaism Class (I’m teaching the AJU August 2018 session)
- Florence Melton School of Adult Jewish Learning (I’m teaching the Wednesday Year 1 CORE class & the Jewish Denominations graduate class)
One More Thing
If you’d like to learn more about these holidays, I highly recommend you join us for the Jewish Holidays Fall Challenge. If you join us for this unique learning experience, you will get:
- A downloadable guide to all the major Jewish holidays, with their dates for the Hebrew Year 5779 (2018-2019)
- A new video for every single day in August teaching you some aspect of the Fall holidays
- Your chance to win a Starter Jewish Library of the 6 books I recommend as a rabbi to people learning about Judaism
To learn more & accept this challenge, click on this big gold button: