Today’s Guest: Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg
Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg – author, teacher, and Twitter maven – talks about her latest book on the spirituality of parenting, and how teaching Torah in spaces of open disagreement is really kind of the point.
About Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg
Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg is the author of Nurture the Wow: Finding Spirituality in the Frustration, Boredom, Tears, Poop, Desperation, Wonder, and Radical Amazement of Parenting, a National Jewish Book Award finalist and PJ Library Parents’ Choice selection, and six other books, including the Sami Rohr Prize-nominated Surprised By God: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Religion and The Passionate Torah: Sex and Judaism. She has written for The New York Times, The Washington Post, Time, The Atlantic, and many other publications. She has been named by Newsweek as one of ten “rabbis to watch,” and the Forward one of the top 50 most influential women rabbis, and currently serves as Rabbi-in-Residence at Avodah.
Books by Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg
- Nurture the Wow: Finding Spirituality in the Frustration, Boredom, Tears, Poop, Desperation, Wonder, and Radical Amazement of Parenting
- Surprised by God: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Religion
- The Passionate Torah: Sex and Judaism
(Affiliate links – If you buy a book through these links, a small commission goes to support this show, at no additional cost to you or to the author.)
Articles by Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg
- Who decides when we do — and don’t — call out anti-Semitism? (Washington Post)
- Women Should Reclaim the Term Pro-Life From Anti-Abortion Activists (Time Magazine)
- In Which a Man Is Not Acquiring a Woman: A Wedding Redesign (The Atlantic)
- More on her website
Where to Find Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg
Shout-Out to our Favorite Designers
- Small + Sole – Go-t0 design services for small business and solo entrepreneurs looking to launch or re-launch their brand online with clean, simple, and beautiful design. They also made the cover for this podcast!
Musical Shout-Out for Our Intro & Outro Beats (full song)
- Nola Nigun by Joey Weisenberg and the Hadar Ensemble