Today’s Live Q&A Topic: Hebrew Bible vs. “Old” Testament
This episode shares a live Q&A session Rabbi John Carrier hosted on YouTube Live on the topic of the Tanakh, or Hebrew Bible: An overview of what’s in it, plus how it’s different from the Old Testament in at least two important ways. Hear the answers to some basic (and not-so-basic) questions asked by real people who listen to The Jewcurious Show.
The Jewcurious School – A place where we discuss the weekly Torah portion and much more, and where you can interact with a growing community of Jewcurious people just like you.
JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh – This is my personal favorite edition – one that I study from all the time – of the complete text of the Tanakh, with side-by-side Hebrew and English. The English translation is the best currently available, in my opinion.
(Amazon affiliate link – If you buy the book through this link, a small commission goes to support this show, at no additional cost to you or to the publishers.)
YOU can participate in the creation of future episodes!
All you have to do:
- Visit Rabbi John Carrier’s YouTube channel.
- See the listing of upcoming YouTube Live sessions.
- Join a live session for a topic you care about.
- Give John a shout-out in the chat area.
- Ask any question you want about the topic in the chat.
- Get your question answered live during the session!
- Listen to the podcast to hear your question answered on the show, knowing you helped other Jewcurious people just like you learn something important.
We hope you’ll join us in this experiment to make The Jewcurious Show even better for our community of listeners!
Shout-Out to our Favorite Designers
- Small + Sole – Go-t0 design services for small business and solo entrepreneurs looking to launch or re-launch their brand online with clean, simple, and beautiful design.
Musical Shout-Out for Our Intro & Outro Beats
- Nola Nigun by Joey Weisenberg and the Hadar Ensemble